Isle of Skye Cottage
Once the old dance hall for the village, and scene of plenty of dancing, the cottage has also been a home for Shepherds working on the Farm.
Richard Perry wrote about his time here in the 1930s in "I Went A'Shepherding".
Thoroughly updated, it still allows some of the layers of history to shine through.
The cottage has panoramic views out over the villages of Kyleakin, Kyle and Loch Alsh.
- Sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms
- Dog friendly
- Single floor
- Central heating
- Wood burner
The cottage was delightful with outstanding views and thoughtful touches. The kitchen was well equipped. Nick and Jo are quick to respond to enquires and went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our stay. The location of the cottage is great and the outdoor areas were perfect for our dog too, which is always a bonus. Thank you for a wonderful weekend in Skye!
Great base for exploring Skye. The cottage is perfect and very well equipped with thoughtful touches. Nick and Jo were very friendly and communicated very quickly with us. Would definitely recommend.
Outstanding hospitality, fantastic cottage which is elegant and stylish. The cottage is very cosy with elegant decor. Great panaromic views from the kitchen and living area. The cottage is set on a country/farm location just after the Skye Bridge and is great for local amenities.
Terms & Conditions
- No hidden bills. All services included.
- All bedding and towels.
- A tea towel and oven gloves, kitchen towel and some supplies for washing up.
- A ready-made fire in the stove and some wood to keep you going. Extra wood can be purchased from the Farm.
- Sorry, we're not leaving consumables due to coronavirus but you'll still get a bottle of wine for once you're settled in.
- Check in is after 4pm. We will contact you on the day if we are ready earlier.
- Check out is before 10am.
- The Cottage is non-smoking throughout
- The Cottage sleeps no more than 4 people. Please do not request additional guests.
- Up to 2 dogs are accepted by arrangement, at booking time. There is no additional charge for dogs. Please do not allow them on the furniture or in the bedrooms. Please be aware we have cats and chickens loose around the Farm. Please do not leave animals alone in the property.
- During the coronavirus pandemic, additional rules apply.
- A non-refundable deposit of 20% is required to hold a booking.
- The balance of the booking is required no less than 30 days before arrival. Cancellations after this time will normally be refunded the balance if we can re-let.
- A refundable breakages deposit of £150, due with the balance, will be held against damage to the property and contents. Refunds will usually be within a week of departure or cancellation.
- Payment can usually be made through Paypal or bank transfer. Details on reservation.
- We recommend you take out holiday insurance in case you need to cancel.
- Cancellations due to covid travel restrictions will be fully refunded. We recommend that guests take up insurance against cancellation due to covid illness or self-isolation